The 777th Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom 777th Legion Commando skin.

2 posters

Go down

Custom 777th Legion Commando skin. Empty Re: Custom 777th Legion Commando skin.

Post  Rook Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 am

Custom 777th Legion Commando skin. Resistance_Fall_of_Man_soldier_by_weslouie

We need screenshots man!

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 am

Woah, slow down there. I can try to do the individual models my skill with 3DSMax might have gone rusty, and I haven't yet encountered a Source game good enough to use Hammer on yet, so I'm not so proficient with that either, how about for now we just stick to the armoured trooper concept sketch?
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

https://triplesevenlegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

Does that mean you can do guns/Doors/Security Stations or Even mock gunracks/Body armor drawers? Those small things could add Superior depth to our maps, even loads of bust pipes and stuff would work a treat, Also, if you could make broken walls with the hammer textures that could be good, Also make piles of books, and ammunition piles, and rifle crates and see if you can see to porting that chopper from EP2 to CSS, I just got a whack Idea.

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Fair enough, I have put this off for now, but I can see if I can do some concepts in my Graphics class. Not that great at drawing human figures, but individual items are my forte'.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 am

How is this coming along, tell you what, When you show me screens of your work, Ill release more map screens.

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Rewk Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 am

Gamebanana has alot of model Prefabs You could use Also.

Rewk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rewk Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 am

What yo want is almost post apoc stuff, a rusty staghelm is essential yes. You could almost add the CSS tac gear to different DoDs models. I mean relics like cabling and stringed ammo pouches you want these guys to be covered in body armour and ammo because they're fighting on home turf on where they know best, sure, throw in the odd black book and roping around. Think muddy trench gear, so shovels and dynamite sticks, rucksacks, boots etc. But then think about tac masks and nvg, radio optics, scaffold ropes, even engineering tools. We want like modern spec ops tac gear combined with WW1 German utensils.

Rewk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Well give me an example, and what sort of relics? We don't wanna be an amalgamated CounterWarhammer 40K trooper. But once I get CS:S i'll see what I can do, we can keep coming up with ideas but I want to do the skin within the parameters of the pre-made player models, I don't want to go as far as re-modelling a player skin. What I could do is, I can grab a CT skin and throw it in the T folder and reskin it from there, provided the texture is mapped and not just one big mess.

Also, if it's possible I can model some objects for your map Rook. I'm not sure how Hammer works, but do you think it's possible to import/export individual objects and meshes so I can do something special? I was thinking of alot of stuff I could potentially add.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 am

*Bump*

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I'd say ex mil but still with custom gear and a few relics

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

*sigh* Americans, how they will be the downfall of us all. No offence Kiwi.

Besides, you're thinking about Warhammer 40K, I was thinking of my own 2030'ish urban-elite combat armor.

Well I was going to make all sorts of variants with different player models, but give me a bullet point description of what you might like. Example request... Be descriptive, point out what it's feats are.

Head: Paper Bag, with holes for ventilation.
Shoulders: Mouldy bread slices (So mouldy, it's used for armour)
Body: Cardboard box with crayon scribble of 777th logo.
Arms: Lunchboxes with holes to insert the arms in
Legs: Slacks with holes, mostly torn and out of shape.
Feet: Rubbish bin bags tied around the ankle area to hold them on
Additional Detail: Nothing else to add, mostly, this guy crafted armour from his lunch and garage utensils.

If you can give me a good descriptive template, I can see if I can draw up something up and post it in this thread. Also, I am not really sure what 777th Legion's theme is for a start, like are we rag-tag soldiers of fortune, elite ex-military faction, AWOL, renegade troops or futuristic metro-cop guys...? My point is, if we don't have a theme I can't properly draw and design.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 am

Well, if your thinking dark apostle of the 2020s then you need to wrap the armour in chains and give him a beefy book with a cross on it or something, I think that you should make variants so the guys don't look crammed and/or fat, if you spread them out over a few Player models the going would be good, also WW2 helmets are a good idea ww2 stalhelm + gasmask + nvg that glows red. Boom then your in the money, we also need a tag weapon skin, like the way the MNU had in D9 I assume we all remember those bright White rifles lol,

Thanks, feedback appreciated.

PS wrote this from phone and can't go on steam guys, any messages put them here, also excuse the shit corrective grammar, this phone was programmed by Americans Sad

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am

I was thinking more of a urban, sci-fi theme. Heres my idea

The helmet is like those used by Germany in WW2 but it's closed off with a re-breather for 777th operations for hazardous zones, so tear gas dun afekt uz bro. The helmet has a laser pointer on the side.

The body armour will be a Lamellar design (overlapping plating) for flexibility and the same for the left shoulder but it will be smaller and more discrete, the right shoulder pad will be like a miniaturized metal barricade, not too big, good enough by shoulder pad standards, it will have a cut out slot in the top-middle for aiming whilst reducing the risk of headshot greatly, the bigger pad will have the 777th cross on it and so will the chest plate (a smaller logo on one side, like a badge).

The leg armour will have the same Lamellar design, a large piece of it, then overlapping and getting smaller as it reaches the ankle zone, after that, a regular gunmetal grey combat boot will be on the foot and the upper leg will have a protective weave cargo trousers.

Arm armour will be the same design as the leg armour, the hands will either be a armoured glove or a fingerless glove. On the bottom of the left or right arm will be a small plasma torch (for crashing parties!).

As for colours, the plating will be a dark grey, close to black, but not visible enough so that it is black, so at least 70-80% grey. There will be a dark, blood red stripe on the middle of the helmet and every first piece of plating on the armour, so the chest plate nearest the neck will have a red colour, the leg armour will have a red colour for the section closest to the knee and so fourth, the rest will be a differing variation of greys.

That's it, might draw it up and post it sometime.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:52 am

Nah, Guy who is White as the driven snow, No tan, or anything, But Darked out uniform, With NVG goggles and an iron cross in his balaclava

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:19 am

Rook wrote:Hey, They need to see us Razz I think a Blacked out Phoenix with a Iron Cross between his eyes on his Balaclava, A Witherered outwashed 777th on the back of the kevlar, and Nightvision goggles that have a red slide rather than green

That? = Life complete.
lol you want are model to be a black guy?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 am

Hey, They need to see us Razz I think a Blacked out Phoenix with a Iron Cross between his eyes on his Balaclava, A Witherered outwashed 777th on the back of the kevlar, and Nightvision goggles that have a red slide rather than green

That? = Life complete.

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I am pretty experienced with 3DS Max, but I keep thinking about the world models and such and if other PC's will recognise the model files without everyone having to download the 777th skin/model files to just look at us. That and I don't know what you guys would prefer.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Its usually Terrorist, If you can do custom models that'd be even cooler lol

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackelsano Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Preferably I would need the .vtf files for CT's or Terrorists, what ever you guys like to play as most and I can pretty much go on from there. I haven't go CS:S YET and I know I should, but it doesn't mean I can't magic up some cool skins for the clan
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:22 am

Thats because skins only overwrite your original models, the files are there you just don't see them, there is NO way to delete the original valve models unless you employ a 3rd party program, Or dl a remover Pack as a skin. Does that clear it up for you guys? If it doesn't be specific in what you want.

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:20 am

I got the folder, but none of those models just ones custom to other servers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rook Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

The Folder is found in
:C\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\<Account Name>\Counter Strike: Source\ Cstrike\Materials\Models\Player\<Player Model texture lists below>

terror - Phoenix Connection
leet - elite crew
guerilla - guerilla warfare
arctic - arctic avenger

urban - ST6
gsg9 - GSG9
sas - SAS dudes
gign - GIGN

It appears you just need to put your texture sheet in as (<Team Abbrivation_Name>)

E.g. Urban\Ct_urban(.vtf , .vtx, .gtf) that kind of shit

Last edited by Rook on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Found shit out)

Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:54 am

Sorry dude i had a look but i cant find my actual models just individual servers. any idea what they are called?

Back to top Go down

Custom 777th Legion Commando skin. Empty Custom 777th Legion Commando skin.

Post  Jackelsano Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:02 am

Guys, can someone copy their folder where the player skins are for CS:S? I haven't got it yet but I can make a custom skin, got the knowhow and the programs to do so, just need some textures.
Jackelsano
Jackelsano
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down